a printable version of this page, click here
You’re coming to stay at Wapiti Woods...for
a long weekend, a week or just for a couple of nights. Now what?
First off, make your plans
for your departure
Print off a copy of the Cabin
to help prepare for your stay. It lists
items that are included in the cabins and on the grounds, notes
essential items to bring along and has some suggestions for
other items to pack.
Look at the directions
to our guest cabins and map out your trip or program your GPS
Read over the Rules
so you have an idea about what you
are looking at for arrival and departure times; No Smoking in
the Cabins and No Pets in the Cabins or on the Grounds; information
on firewood; end of stay requests, etc.
Look over the Grounds
to get a feel for the layout, the location
of the parking area, your cabins, the walking trail, horseshoe
pits, the “Shanty” and picnic pavilion.
- Arrive and check in at our home (& office):
Steve & Coleen Kronenwetter
5186 River Road
Elk Scenic Drive, SR 555
Weedville, PA 15868
We are pretty easy to locate being on the south side of SR 555,
5.1 miles east of the SR 255 / SR 555 junction in Weedville, only
4.1 miles West of Benezette.
We have a log home set back in off of SR 555 along with a large
green metal-roofed barn. Our lighted Wapiti Woods signs are located
at both the house/office and cabin driveway entrances.
- We do request that guest arrivals occur between 4:00 and 8:00
PM, unless other arrangements are made in advance. We do, on occasion,
call and ask for Estimated Arrival Times to help make plans for
the afternoon or evening of your arrival.
- The entrance door for the office is located to the left of
the garage door. Remember it’s also our home so we ask that
our guests knock at the door so we can come to welcome you in.
- To take care of your arrival and check-in, you will be met
by Steve, Coleen or a member of our circle of family and friends
that help support both us and our business.
- You will make payment by check, cash or credit card for
your stay. Any payment made by credit card will have a 3%
Convenience Fee added to the total charged.
- Provide a $250 Security Deposit for your rental. We have
been taking an imprint of a credit card, along with signature,
on a blank slip to hold for this deposit and destroying that
slip after the cabin has been cleaned and cleared of damage.
We can also accept a Security Deposit Check for $250.00 that
can be voided after the cabin is cleaned or the difference
refunded if the check is needed to be cashed for damages.
We also accept cash which is refundable within two weeks after
your departure – in full or in part based on need.
- We ask you to review and sign a Liability Waiver...for
both of us.
- We provide you with a key to your cabin(s) and give some
last minute reminders (firewood, Shanty access, path lights,
wireless internet access, etc.). Then we give you some direction
to get to the parking area at the end of Wapiti Woods Way,
show you the Key Drop Off Box and send you on your way.
- You may see one of us over the time period when you are here
roaming about on the Grounds – while doing chores, checking
on the grounds and guests or taking care of some odd ‘n’
end. We do want to respect your privacy and realize that this
is your vacation time so we try not to be an intrusion but, sometimes,
Mother Nature does not give us a convenient, unobtrusive window
for outdoor chores and we apologize for that!
Departure and the End of your
Well, all good things come to an end, but, before the return trip,
there’s a few last minute To Do’s......
- Write a comment in the Cabin Log Book.
- Pack up your things and take care of requested items before
you depart your guest cabin(s)
- Strip the bed sheets and pillow cases from used beds, bundle
and place them on the futon couch.
- Clean and put away all kitchen ware.
- Remove all inside garbage to the outside garbage can.
- Replace any moved furniture.
- Assure that windows and doors are closed and locked.
- Replace any used indoor firewood from the front porch.
- Please police both inside and outside of the cabin for
garbage and dispose of properly.
And, now that you are ready to go:
- Cart your things back to your vehicle in the parking lot with
one of the wagons.
- Drop the guest cabin key(s) back off at our home/office by
either placing into the Key Drop Box or giving them back to Steve
- Head on out toward home – have a safe drive and come
back to visit us again! Thanks for staying with us in our Guest
Cabins at Wapiti Woods!!
share or like us on Facebook!
at 5186 River Road,
along SR 555 & Elk Scenic Drive,
Benezette Twp, Weedville, PA 15868
A view of the home & office from River Rd & SR 555
Barn & Driveway to the House & Office
Coming in the Driveway
Home and Wapiti Woods Office - Arrival and Check-in
View of Wapiti Woods Sign, Barn and the Valley coming from Weedville
Wapiti Woods Sign and upper yard at home & office coming from
the Benezette side
You are arriving to check-in